Monday, October 8, 2012

Marinated Baked Chicken

Let me just say at the beginning of this post that I do love to cook but...I am not a computer or camera whiz in any sense of the word.  So I promise to bring amazing recipes and tips and also to keep learning to make this a super fun and great blog.  I sooo appreciate your patience!

Now for the main attraction!

     I chose this recipe because I really wanted to "Wow" you with a simple yet elegant main dish.  This is oh so easy to make but totally great to serve to guests.  I got this recipe a few years back from a Simple & Delicious Magazine.  (Unfortunately I cut it out and don't have the name of the person who submitted it to give her credit.  Please let me know if you have seen it). It has been only mildly adapted by me. 

     This succulent (I love using big juicy words!) chicken breast will melt in your mouth with amazing flavor.  To top it all off there are only 5 ingredients!  Just be very careful to check it often and don't over cook it!  Enjoy!

Marinated Baked Chicken Breast 

 

1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/2 cup soy sauce
6 bone-in chicken breast halves
1/8 teaspoon onion salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt



In a measuring cup, combine salad dressing and soy sauce.


 

 Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken.  Seal the bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, turning several times. Refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.  (This is where I always mess up choose to do it differently. Remember to set aside 1/4 cup of the marinade ingredients before  pouring the rest into the bag.  If you forget it is easy to just make a little more using even amounts of dressing and soy sauce). 





Drain chicken, discarding marinade.  Place chicken, skin side up, on a rack in a roasting pan.  Sprinkle with onion salt and garlic salt.  (I don't measure I just sprinkle a light coating of each on each piece of meat).  Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 45-60 min. or until juices run clear, brushing occasionally with reserved marinade. (I begin checking after 40 minutes by cutting into the meat with a small cut to see if the juices are clear.  Please don't over cook this.  It usually only takes 45 min. for mine to be done but it depends on the size of the chicken breast.)
 Yield: 6 servings
                   Try it, you will love it!

This recipe was shared with the following sites!
Anyonita Nibbles

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!