Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

Ok, I will admit it.  These stuffed cookie bars surprised me.  When  multiple combinations of genre's are mixed into one, I tend to feel the flavors will be overwhelming.  ( I just love to say genre!!)  I saw this recipe and I decided not to make it.  My daughter came through again and made it for the Super Bowl.  I was hooked!  What I think really made it special was that she used semi-sweet chocolate chips.  Don't get me wrong I love, love,love, milk chocolate chips but the semi sweet flavor is just the perfect mix here.  I found this recipe from here on Mels Kitchen Cafe.  Enjoy!


Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars

12 Tblspn. butter, melted and cooled slightly
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk
2 teas. vanilla extract
2 1/8 cups flour
1/2 teas. salt
1/2 teas. baking soda
2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teas. vanilla extract

Spray a 13 x 9 pan with cooking spray.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

     Wisk melted butter and sugars in a large bowl until combined.  Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well.  Add the flour, salt and baking soda, fold these into the dough until just blended.  Don't over mix.
Fold in the chocolate chips.  Press half the dough onto the bottom of the prepared pan making a thin even layer.
     Mix the filling by combining the cream cheese and pdr. sugar together with a mixer on med. high until light and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla until well combined.  Spread filling over the cookie dough in pan smooth it to the corners.  Flatten small amounts of remaining dough to 1/4 inch thickness and lay on top of filling.  The top will have places where the filling shows through.  Bake for 30 minutes until light brown. Cool, then chill  in fridge for a couple of hours before cutting into bars.  Store covered in fridge. 

1 comment:

  1. Umm yes! These are right up my alley! Stopping by from BYBC13 :) Love your site!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!