Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Sooo Cute Cookies!

Gingerbread Cookies

Are these just the cutest cookies ever?  I fell in love with them the minute I saw them here on sweetapolita's blog.  She makes the most amazing sweets if you haven't been there before use the link above to visit now!!    You can get the complete instructions by following the link but this is a picture of mine and some of the small changes that I did that worked for me.  Sweetapolita makes hers very large - an  8 x 11 size.  They are super cute but I wanted my one recipe of dough to go further so I copied and used the template she provides as it is without enlarging it,  (see link) which came out about to be about 6" x 7 1/2".  I used mine to take to children in my church Primary goup to welcome them to a new year of classes.  I also added a toothpick with a flag taped to it in the cookie's hand that said "Welcome to our class!" They loved them.  This would also make a fun birthday party invite or treat to take home. 

I pretty much followed the recipe with a couple of exceptions.  I used regular brown sugar and regular molasses (unsulphered) because I already had those on hand. I also wanted to keep the flavor a little more on the mild side.  She also provides a link to show how to make the royal icing and how to get the right consistancy.  I actually had to add more powdered sugar to get it to a "toothpaste" consistancy.  I used tip #3 for the lines, and tip #199 for the cheeks.  I used Americolor pink for the nose and cheeks, making the nose a little darker with the same color.  I used Skittles for the buttons!  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!