Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chicken Marengo

     This delicious chicken has been one of my family favorites for many, many years.  It actually caught my attention when I saw it on a can of soup.  The great thing about using a mixture of canned soups is that instead of ending up tasting like the same old soup you have known for years, when they are mixed they take on a whole new and unique flavor.  This is a blend that you will want more of.  The other great thing is that it simplifies your life.  And that is a good thing!
     Don't worry if it seems like a lot of onions when you first put them in.  They cook down and don't overpower the sauce.  I use chicken legs and thighs but you can try it with any chicken.  Just remember to cut down the cooking time if you use boneless meat.  

Chicken Marengo

3 lbs. chicken parts
3 Tblspn. salad oil
1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom Soup
1 can Campbell's Tomato Soup
1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
1 med to large onion sliced in thin strips



In a large skillet (I like to use an electric skillet for even temperature browning), brown chicken in oil; pour off fat.  

Mix soups together in a bowl or in the pan (somewhat harder but saves washing the bowl.) Then pour over chicken pieces.  Stir in remaining ingredients.  


Cover; simmer on med low for 45 minutes or until tender. Stir often and turn chicken to avoid sticking and over browning.  Serve with rice.  Makes 6 servings

Recipe source: Campbell's Soup slightly revised by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!