Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Southwest Avacado Ranch Dressing- Part 2

Southwest Avocado Ranch Dressing

 I have tried many recipes that try to imitate the tomatillo Ranch dressing from a local restaurant called Cafe Rio's.  Likely, it was just me but none of them ever really was a good imitation.  The flavor just wasn't there.  Then after working with a few recipes and combining the best ideas, it happened!  Just the right combination of ingredients make this amazing!  You can adjust the heat by using more or less Jalapeno and cayenne pepper.  I like mine with just a little more kick than mild so here it is:
(Part 3 to Sweet Chicken Tortilla Salad)
Southwest Avocado Ranch Dressing

Combine in a small food processor or blender:

1/2 small to average ripe avocado
1/2 cup Ranch Dressing (I use a Hidden Valley mix with milk and mayo)
1 small diced jalapeno (1 inch to 1 1/2 inch)
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper to taste
1 Tablespoon lime juice
3 sprigs of chopped cilantro (optional, but it is sooo good!)

Blend all together until smooth. Store in refrigerator.

Isn't that beautiful?

 
This dressing can be used for with many foods.  I use it with Sweet Chicken Tortilla Salad
Click on this link to get the recipe.  You'll love it!
What ideas do you have that would taste good with it?  Comments are loved and appreciated!

This is an original recipe and was first seen here on Scrumptilicious 4 you!
This recipe was shared on these great blogs:
Chef in Training
Whimsy Wednesday
Our Table for Seven



2 comments:

  1. How long with this store in the refrigerator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually try to make it the same day I will use it. Because it has avocado in it, unfortunately it will only store about 24 hours. Then it really is still good, it just starts gradually to darken in color. I have thought of experimenting with adding more lime juice to see if it will lengthen the time it keeps its color but haven't yet. If you do try it please let me know the results!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!