Thursday, August 8, 2013

In Memory of Buddy


We said good bye to my sweet wonderful collie Buddy on Sunday, August 4th.  He loved us unconditionally, protected our home, and was our best friend for 13 years.  We love you Bud!






I know I promised some awesome Zucchini Recipes last week and I do have some amazing ones today!  These may sound ordinary but trust me. You won't be disappointed.  These are so good you will get up in the night to get more!  Let's start with dinner and move on to dessert shall we? 

First, we have:

                               Zucchini Casserole

 Peel and cube 6 cups of zucchini.











 Slice and dice 1 medium onion.












Grate 1 cup of Carrots



Boil carrots, zucchini, and onion for 8 minutes in a pan of salted water.






 Drain and place all in a 13 x 9 inch pan. 


 Mix 1 cup cream of chicken soup and 1 cup of sour cream (can sub. fat free on both) together in a bowl.




Spread the vegetables out in the pan and then drop spoonfuls of the soup and sour cream mixture on top.










Spread the soup mixture out over the veggies.





Sprinkle 1 to 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese over the soup mixture.

Make one package of stove top dressing (or use a store brand) as directed.  When it is done, evenly drop spoonfuls on top of casserole. 







Bake  about 30 minutes at 350F Degrees until it is bubbly.






So yummy!

 

 Come back soon for dessert!

This recipe was shared on these wonderful sites!






6 comments:

  1. So, so sorry to hear about your loss of your sweet friend Buddy. What a gorgeous collie he was. I know you miss him terribly. I still, after 5 years still miss my sweet CeCe. She was my first pet as an adult. I now have another sweet girl, Sadie May, who just turned 3.
    This recipe looks tasty and simple to make.

    Barbara @ www.allmylivesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Barbara, I am glad you have a new pet to love. They certainly add a lot to our lives don't they?
      Hope you try the casserole and remember let me know how you like it!

      Delete
  2. My heart is saddened by your loss. Our cats are a huge part of our lives. They let us live in their house, ya know. That zucchini casserole looks yummy. Super easy is my style. Hopping here and following from the Show Off party.

    Marie @ http://asatisfied spirit & http://123craftcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know what you mean, they become a member of the family. Thanks for your sweet thoughts.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry for the loss of your dog! It's always so hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet!
    Thanks for stopping by our blog-- we hope you'll come back often!
    Jamie H @ coffeewithus3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jamie, I appreciate your visit and I will stop by soon!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!