Thursday, September 26, 2013

18 minute Parmesan Chicken!





 Can you believe how good this looks?  It is not fried or baked and it doesn't take an hour to cook!  This is one of my all time favorite chicken recipes.  When I was a young mom and just starting to raise my family, I would cut out recipes from the daily newspaper that looked interesting.  Chicken was inexpensive and so made a good meal on a budget.  This recipe came out just when I got my first microwave (that really dates me huh?, but I am still very young at heart!).   It came with regular oven instructions but I worked with it until I could make it even better and much faster in the microwave.  It is DELICIOUS!  I hope it helps you to pull this out on a busy night when you need a fast but filling home cooked meal!  (See my next post  for part 2 of What Do Your Kids Really Want for Dinner?)  This recipe can help you with that!!


18 Minute Parmesan Chicken

1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese (bottled, powdered kind)
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
Dash of pepper
2 1/2 lbs. Chicken pieces (I use 4 legs and 4 thighs)
1 egg slightly beaten
1 Tablespoon milk
2 Tablespoons to 4 Tablespoons margarine or butter (melted)

In a medium bowl, mix first 5 ingredients together.
I use a flat bottomed bowl so it is easier to roll the chicken pieces in the coating.  In a second medium bowl, mix the egg and milk and using a wisk or a fork beat until it is well combined.
Dip chicken first into the egg mixture and then roll in the flour mixture.
Set chicken pieces in a glass or other microwave safe baking dish. 
My oven will fit a 13 x 9 pan so this is what I usually use.  This is a smaller version in the picture.  When the chicken is coated, drizzle the melted butter over it until all pieces have a small amount on them.  Cover the pan with wax paper and microwave for about 18 minutes on high.


 ***This time will vary greatly with the amount of chicken baked.  If pieces are overly large, increase the time.  If you cut down to say, 4 small pieces, cut the time down to 13 minutes and cut a piece open to check for clear juice in the center of the piece.  Cook longer if needed and check often!  This recipe was used with 8 medium pieces of chicken and a turntable microwave with 1250 watts.  


This recipe was shared on these great blogs!
Made in a day 
The Country Cook 
Mommifried 
my personal accent 
Anyonita's Nibbles 
Four Seasons Blog Hop Party 
The sits girls
The wondering brain
18 Minute Parmesan Chicken

by Scrumptilicious 4 You!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Keywords: entree chicken
Ingredients (8 pieces)
  • 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese (bottled, powdered kind)
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Dash of pepper
  • 2 1/2 lbs. Chicken pieces (I use 4 legs and 4 thighs)
  • 1 egg slightly beaten
  • 1 Tablespoon milk
  • 2 Tablespoons to 4 Tablespoons margarine or butter (melted)
Instructions
In a medium bowl, mix first 5 ingredients together.
In a second medium bowl, mix the egg and milk and using a whisk or a fork beat until it is well combined.
Dip chicken first into the egg mixture and then roll in the flour mixture.
Set chicken pieces in a glass or other microwave safe baking dish.
My oven will fit a 13 x 9 pan so this is what I usually use. This is a smaller version in the picture.
When the chicken is coated, drizzle the melted butter over it until all pieces have a small amount on them.
Cover the pan with wax paper and microwave for about 18 minutes on high.
***This time will vary greatly with the amount of chicken baked. If pieces are overly large, increase the time. If you cut down to say, 4 small pieces, cut the time down to 13 minutes and cut a piece open to check for clear juice in the center of the piece. Cook longer if needed and check often! This recipe was used with 8 medium pieces of chicken and a turntable microwave with 1250 watts
Powered by Recipage

13 comments:

  1. This is such a fantastic easy chicken recipe. It looks like it is delicious. I will pin this so I can make it later.

    I stopped by from LOBS.

    I would love it if you would link this up at the Four Seasons Blog Party.

    http://agutandabutt.blogspot.com/2013/09/four-seasons-blog-hop-party-19.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and your pin! I will check out your party right now!

      Delete
  2. This is so yummy looking! I love fried chicken. And I know it would be even better with parmesan chicken. I am going to keep this one in mind the next time I'm frying chicken.

    Sharon
    http://makeitorfixit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice that it cooks up so fast and you can control the oil (butter) to make it healthier because it isn't totally immersed in it in a fry pan. Hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for coming over and linking up with us at the Fours Seasons Blog Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for joining us our our Four Seasons Blog Party. Your tutorial is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this post on the Bloglovin' Blog Hop, and I am glad I stopped by to check it out. Looks fun, easy and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It is all of those and great taste too!

      Delete
  6. Oh my....I don't normally cook in my microwave but I do believe that I'm going to give this yummy sounding recipe a try. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several main dishes for the microwave. It saves energy and is so fast! I hope it works well for you too!

      Delete
  7. This looks delicious! I am definitely going to pin and make later, though I may bake in the oven, I have one of those odd family's! LOL! My son wants a type of parmesan chicken for his birthday dinner and this looks like a definite winner! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!