Thursday, November 20, 2014

Fluffy Buttermilk Potato Rolls!

Buttermilk Potato Rolls!
Homemade light rolls


 You need this recipe, you really need this recipe.  Especially if you are planning to cook this Holiday Season!  I have been testing some recipes to use myself and this one is high on my list of favorites. 

 This comes from a great blog called Mel's Kitchen Cafe. Found here. If you follow the directions completely they will turn out just like you dreamed of!  There are some special ingredients but nothing you can't handle.  Wheat flour, bread flour, mashed potatoes, and buttermilk are the ones you may need to come up with in advance but just keep in mind this recipe is totally worth it!  I will give you the list of ingredients and then turn you over to Mel because she does a super job of describing the process. 

 The only change I will make next time is to double or even try tripling the sugar.  These are yummy but have more of a bread taste to them and I will admit I like sweetness to my rolls.  You really can't beat these for the light texture and with butter they are awesome!  


Fluffy Buttermilk Potato Rolls 


Ingredients

1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup butter - room temperature (I microwave mine on defrost for 20 seconds watching carefully until just  softening)
2 cups buttermilk, slightly warmed (same as above)
1 1/2 Tablespoon instant yeast
2 large eggs (I place mine in warm water for about 10 minutes to bring to room temperature)
2 Tablespoons sugar (I will use 1/4 cup next time)
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups whole wheat flour
3-4 cups bread flour

Now follow the link above to mix ingredients and enjoy these fantastic rolls!  

This has been shared with these great sites:
The Country Cook 
Pint Sized Baker 
Lou Lou Girls 
Pretty Pintastatic Party 

1 comment:

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!