Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Oatmeal Creme Pie Cupcakes

Oatmeal Creme Pie Cupcake Recipe

     My son came home from college a couple of weeks ago and showed me a picture of a delicious looking cupcake.  "That's what I want for my birthday cake", he said.  The only problem with it was that it did not come with a recipe.  It was one that was purchased and delicious looking and...now I needed to come up with a recipe for it.  After a search online, we came up with a combination that is amazingly good and fun.  If you like store bought Oatmeal Cream Pies you will love this cupcake version to death!!

                                     Here is a look at the yummy inside and a side view!

To start this recipe please make the batter for the White Almond Wedding Cake found here.  
It is simple to make and starts with a cake mix so don't be afraid....this is not hard!  Here are the ingredients:


1 (16.25 ounce) package white cake mix

1 cup all-purpose flour

1 cup white sugar

3/4 teaspoon salt

1 1/3 cups water

1 cup sour cream

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 teaspoon almond extract

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

4 egg whites

3 comments:

  1. I love oatmeal cream pies, so I can only imagine how delightful a taste these cupcakes are! thanks for sharing your yummy treat!

    J @ A Hot Southern Mess
    www.ahotsouthernmess.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so incredible! Loving it! Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7. Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a big oatmeal love, this looks soooo good! Pinning :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!