Friday, July 10, 2015

Healthy Rice Krispy Treats

These peanut butter, honey rice treats are healthy!  They are really really healthy!  I think I deserve a pat on the back for this one.  I have to be the first to admit that when I make treats "healthy"  isn't always my first consideration.  I needed to teach a women's group about some healthy treats they could make for their children this summer and so the search was on!  What I loved about these treats is that they are simple to make and taste great.  So what's not to love??  

Do you have a great recipe you would share with me for a healthy treat?  Please let me know I really need to have more to choose from! 
 
Healthy Rice KrispyTreats

by Scrumptilicious 4 You!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Keywords: no cook snack
Ingredients (9 - 12 treats)
  • 4 cups rice cereal
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
Instructions
Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper
2. Heat the honey, peanut butter, vanilla and salt in a pan over low heat until it all melts together.
3. Pour the rice cereal into a large bowl and pour the melted honey and peanut butter over it. Stir together.
4. Press into the baking pan HARD using either a rubber spatula or your hand with wax or parchment paper.
5. Let cool and cut into squares.
Powered by Recipage
Recipe Source:  happilyunprocessed.com
You may also like:









Shared with these fun sites!
The Country Cook 
Gloroiously Made 
                                                Naptime Creations 

2 comments:

  1. Ooh these look yummy. I've got a similar recipe without the peanut butter though - the addition of that would be divine! I'm definitely going to make these for a weekend treat for the family. I like that they'll be less sweet than the ones I do - which are way too sweet for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m loving this! Pinned and tweeted! I always love your creations, thanks for sharing this with us at our party! I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm, we love seeing what you have been working on! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy hearing from you. Please feel free to ask questions or let me know what you liked. If you like the blog I would love to have you follow using the buttons above! Thanks for your visit!